We believe that
- the Christian scriptures and Christian traditions offer significant resources for understanding and developing justice and sustainability in today’s complex world. We aim to engage in open dialogue with other worldviews, in order to contribute to this debate from an evangelical Christian perspective.
- original scholarship in ethics and leadership is needed to fulfill ILSE’s mission with integrity and credibility.
- our scholarship should be interdisciplinary in nature, drawing on theological and social scientific disciplines to further understanding of the nature of leadership and ethics in today’s context.
- salvation, servanthood and stewardship are among the core theological concepts that contribute to a Christian perspective on leadership and ethics.
- we should focus on Christian leaders in business, social, political and religious contexts, since a vision for justice and sustainability is need.