We believe that
- We believe that the Bible and Christian traditions offer significant resources for understanding and developing justice and sustainability in today’s complex world.
- We aim to engage in open dialogue with other worldviews, in order to contribute to this debate from a Christian perspective.
- Original scholarship in ethics and leadership isneeded to fulfil ILSE’s mission with integrity and credibility. This scholarship aims to add value to current practice, moving towards a more just and sustainable society.
- Our scholarship is interdisciplinary in nature, drawing on theological and social scientific disciplines to further understanding of the nature of leadership and ethics in today’s context.
- Core theological concepts that contribute to a Christian perspective on leadership and ethics include the triad of faith, hope and love, justice, shalom, servanthood and stewardship.